Without a doubt, your biggest asset over your lifetime, bigger than a house or car, is your ability to earn an income. Without an income, how long could you and your family survive financially?
Income Protection Insurance
Income Protection Insurance looks after your responsibilities when you can’t.
Depending on your level of cover, Income Protection Insurance can help to:
- give you peace of mind that your mortgage, loans and debts will be taken care of if you lose your income due to illness or injury
- provide a monthly replacement income for a portion of your pre-disability income, less other income at the time of claim
- give you additional support that ACC can’t provide – many people don’t realise that ACC only pays benefits for accidents, not illness.
Mortgage Protection Insurance
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial commitments most of us will ever make. Mortgage Protection Insurance takes care of your home loan repayments, if you are unable to meet them due to illness or injury.
Mortgage Protection Insurance can:
- cover your monthly repayments if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- give you the peace of mind knowing that your mortgage or home loan is taken care of while you recover
- ensure your family feel secure in their home.
Survivors Income gives your loved ones a monthly tax-free benefit that is guaranteed, inflation adjusted and paid for a time frame specific to your family’s circumstances.
Survivors Income can:
- ensure that your family is taken care of financially in the event of your death
- allow sole-income earners to secure their spouse and children’s future
- protect your family’s home and lifestyle.
Retirement Contribution Cover
If you have Mortgage Protection or Income Protection cover and are contributing to KiwiSaver Retirement Contribution cover will continue to pay your contributions while you are on claim.
Retirement Contribution cover can:
- ensure your retirement income is not impacted by any illness or accident you may suffer now
- continue to pay your contributions while you are on claim