Financial Accounting Specialist
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Hybrid based role + WFH Friday Competitive salary + annual bonus + great company benefits Consultative management style that gives you scope to be challenged
Provide financial accounting expertise for a growing organisation that is also a market leader in financial wellbeing
We help New Zealanders achieve financial freedom faster. And those are not just aspirational words, that’s actually what we do. In fact, our clients are currently saving tens of millions of dollars in interest costs per year, which is pretty awesome.
We do this through partnering with our clients and providing them with a smart loan structure and tools that put them in control. And to top it all off, we are Passionately Kiwi (that is one of our values) with over 75 locally owned businesses across New Zealand.
We are also Freedom Champions and Excellent Together (more of our values). We also offer our clients insurance to protect what’s important. We think it’s just the beginning for NZHL and are seeking passionate people who want to make financial freedom, faster a reality for more Kiwis.
About the role
As the title suggests, you will specialise in all things finance with your key duties being to supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities and assist the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the effective delivery of all financial services to NZHL Group.
Based in our Support Office in Ponsonby and working closely with a great team you’ll have the opportunity to apply your financial accounting expertise inclusive of reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting skills in a hands-on role where making sure great processes, systems and controls are in place.
Your day will be kept busy with:
- Preparation of monthly accounts including journal entries and accruals, providing oversite and control over all sub-ledgers including consolidated accounts for the NZHL Group
- Statutory compliance – Review PAYE, FBT and GST
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly income tax calculation for Group companies
- Review and complete balance sheet reconciliations; review, reconcile and authorise journal entries and supplier payments as well as review and oversee commission, franchise bonus and trail payment processes.
- Franchise loan advance administration management, consolidated month-end reporting as well as assisting with annual budgeting and rolling forecasting
You will thrive working for a growing organisation where adaptability and problem-solving are key and have an innate desire to improve finance systems and processes that benefit the entire NZHL Group as well as of course be a great team player.
- At least 2 years experience in a relevant role.
- High level of accuracy with meticulous attention to detail
- Solid understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, IFRS, laws and regulations as well
- Excellent technical skills, including Xero, consolidation tools, pivot tables and power queries
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders across the business
- A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred along with accounting experience within a franchise or commission-based organisation but isn’t essential.
What’s in it for you
Our great range of benefits for permanent employees includes banking benefits and insurance discounts, our NZHL values-based, collaborative, inclusive and socially vibrant culture where everyone is friendly and happy to help with the support of ongoing professional development, health and wellbeing offerings such as our Employee Assistance Programme available as well.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of and a place where you could see your future grow, then apply below.