Welcome to the NZHL Media Centre. Below is a selection of information that is available for use by the Media. If you wish to obtain a quote, comment or further information please contact our Head Office on 07 839 0998
A bit about NZHL
- New Zealand Home Loans has over 80 franchises nationwide with over 220 people.
- Head Office is based in Hamilton.
- The wholly New Zealand owned and operated franchise company was set up in 1996 by John Erkkila and Murray Ferguson, who had become increasingly concerned about the way that banks traditionally marketed loan products that would ensure that clients had a burden of debt hanging over them for many years.
- On July 1, 2012 New Zealand Home Loans became 100 per cent owned by Kiwi Group Holding (who also own Kiwibank), and now accounts for more than 23 per cent of the Kiwibank’s home loans.
- In the 2017 sales year NZHL lent $1.37 billion
- The Company currently has approximately $5.9 billion lent to some 20,049 clients.
- NZHL was awarded the Deloittes Fast50 Award for Mature Business in the Central Region in 2012 and 2013 (the first time a company has won this award two years in a row) and the Fastest Growing Services Business (Central North Island) in 2013.
- In 2013 the Company won the Supreme Award – Westpac Waikato Business of the Year Award; the Tompkins Wake Award (15-49 FTE’s) and the Waikato Management School Leader of the Year Award for its CEO at the time, Mark Collins at the Waikato Business Excellence Awards.
- The Company’s core product is a transactional account with a reducing principal and interest loan. All income is channelled through one account, reducing interest costs.
- debtnav is a software product used by New Zealand Home Loan clients enabling them to monitor their budget against their actual expenditure via a graph which is updated daily to see if they are ahead or behind their target
28th April 2016 – NZHL appoints new COO
13th August 2015 – NZHL appoints new CEO
9th November 2013 – NZHL wins at Waikato Business Excellence Awards
26th October 2012 – NZHL makes history with Deloitte Fast50 Award
5th December 2012 – NZHL reaches $1 Billion
26th October 2012 – NZHL wins Fast50 Award
9th July 2012 – NZHL purchase complete